Wednesday, March 2, 2011


We are having another snowy week, well over 30cms since Sunday. Madeleine took advantage of these conditions and made her first solo descent from day lodge to base. This is probably about 6 switchbacks of about 100 to 300 metres in length, covering maybe 100m vertical. She was a bit apprehensive at the first corner but once she got around it she was jubilant, "I CAN do it" she declared with big cheeky smiles. This Sunday we are doing the long run from the top of the gondola, William will be harnessed in and Madb will go it alone. I hope it all works as planned. Her Nordic lessons come to an end this week too, and I finally got to go to one last week. It was pretty fun and relaxing, it seems to be a nice family activity that I hope we can pursue more next year. Will is capable for shorter tours now but has trouble climbing still. I guess we have lots of time and we need to wait for CeeCee too. Everything else is pretty mellow here, Josie is planning to run a half marathon with Lisa and others in Vancouver this spring in regards to their 40th birthdays. Her training is going pretty good. I have a mountain bike and hike race coming in the fall for the husbands of the women going to Vancouver. I'll keep you posted on the training there. Otherwise things are fine and just the same as ever.
jh

No comments:

Post a Comment