Thursday, July 22, 2010


I think I have lost track of time and really gotten into this no work all play lifestyle. I sure hope Josie finds a job first so I can continue a little longer. I was on a nice ride last night and think I should do it more often. Evening is a great time to ride here, it is cool and the light is great. Waterfalls, glaciers, clear skies, big moon and great trails made this a nice ride. The new bike is going OK and see that here in Revelstoke what a priority it is for having sweet bikes. It really is a fabulous culture of equipment and I know it is the same for skis but understand it better with the bikes too. In short I already want a new bike, but will ride this one into the ground first. Tom and group of guys we ride with have been very patient waiting for me to keep pace, my riding is coming along but really need to get some leg bulk and trail expertise. The riders are awesome here and all been great to ride with so far.
A rainy day here, so lots of indoor play with our friends the Patry's and short walks in the rain. Will has developed a clothes issue that first surfaced with his raincoat. I really don't think we have created it through any kind of gender role stuff/expectations, I think he is just picky. He has a brand new, sweet raincoat that is dark dark green and black, something I would love. He has a fit any time we ask him to wear it. He wants blue, he says, there was no blue I say and it turns into a fight and really can ruin a morning. I guess he is only three and is still pushing to see what levels of control he has and what techniques in manipulation are best. Josie does a better job getting through it than me. I like the battle and "you will follow the rules" approach to confirm dominance through control, but the creative convincing or distraction techniques she uses work best, especially when we really need to get something done or be somewhere. He is testing limits at three still I guess, or is he really that fashion conscious. I remember being self conscious about clothes and all that stuff, but not at three. I had a red raincoat poncho with this goofy robot rainbow picture and I ripped it off first time wearing it and put a hole in my poncho, but that was probably high school, no really grade three or even lower. So I did have a cloths thing early but I got over it last year. Also, a great shirt in retrospect with Popeye on it, but baby blue and gape necked. It was a kind gift from Aunt Blanche and I tried to wear it but couldn't, I even got Mom to fix up the neck but still couldn't do it. Will's coat is cool and I am sure my fashion sense is good. He will learn to follow my cool advice and parenting commands. MB does what she is told most of the time so I expect WB to toe the line but I need to remind myself he is new and needs to learn himself not just follow. I will let CC do whatever she wants because she is charming and I will be distracted, tired confused and expect her to know things like her big siblings.

1 comment:

  1. i like how you've already accepted that the third child will get a lot more leeway lol!

    ReplyDelete