Friday, August 27, 2010

It snowed up high




Winter is just around the corner. I love the changing seasons and it seems to happen quickly here. There have been two patches of snow visible to us on Mt MacKenzie for most of August and just last week they melted. The pictures above show you they were quickly replenished. There is a bit of a chill today and I am wearing a jacket, but with shorts and sandals. I am sure there will be some more hot days, after all Wednesday was thirty degrees .
We have made an offer on a house, Josie and I are both now employed, it is a bit ahead of schedule especially for a slacker like me, but the right house came up at the right time. We are hopefully only waiting for the credit approval. More information on this will follow as things progress.
I presided over my first shot ski Wednesday night. They were Burt Reynolds and it was pretty cool. They went down without even the slightest mess. Revelstoke is a shooter kind of a city. I will learn accept and prosper from that.
MadB’s wound has healed quite nicely, with some lovely bruising that looked like she had been too the mall for eye shadow. She starts kindergarten in a week and a half. Josie fells sad and I am excited. CeeCee is still not committed to walking but I guess she will someday. Will is covered in wounds and scabs and just generally looks like one of the wild boys all the time. He is a classic dude who loves to pick at scabs and do outrageous stuff to amaze and amuse his sisters, friends and peers, as long as it is not scary.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about the differences up in the mountains!

    WOW, about the house! I can't wait to hear all the details (hint, hint to Josie) although I guess the last week has been a little busy, with getting a job and the house and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow already - too soon for me! But you can't beat the views. Congratulations on the house offer - everything is just falling into place for you guys! Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete